Thursday 5 April 2018

Wonder with Washi

Are you a collector (hoarder!) of washi tape and ready to use some of it up on a quick page?


For this page I wanted to use the lovely 3x4 phrase from the Cocoa Vanilla Bohemian Dreams paper which was super colourful! I picked another 3x4 card from the same paper to back my photo and then picked my washi tapes which went with the colours and added strips from the bottom on the page to just under the photos, and another collection of strips at the top of the page.

I then made a washi banner which I saw as a technique on another scrapping page and thought was so simple yet effective!. You simply wrap pieces of wash over the twine sticking them to the back of itself and then cut the bottom into a banner piece. Two butterflies at the end of my banners on twine piece and a few other elements completed my page but I then decided to add a little stamping in some coordinating colours to finish it off.


A very quick and easy page great for using up washi and you can mix in strips of pattern paper too to make a page using up left overs from other kits and projects. This page and many more can be found in the March ATDML gallery where you can see more fun with the Cocoa Vanilla papers.