Saturday 23 December 2017

Christmas countdown day 6 - Shine bright


With only 2 days left, I am well and truly in the Christmas spirit.  It's not hard where I live - Edinburgh goes into Christmas with a bang and every year the effort that goes into making the city a wonderful place to be at Christmas gets more and more incredible. This year, George St in Edinburgh has a huge glittering dome of lights - truly stunning!!  


I loved the way that my photos had come out with the natural navy blue and white but also there seemed to be a lot of pink in there too.  I am normally a slave to my guillotine, so this time I've gone maverick and cut a lot of circles/ovals/random shapes from Simple stories 'Posh' collection.




I arranged the shapes around my photograph on a sheet of pale blue bazzill and made sure I cut a big enough circle to act as the title.  The alphabet stickers with this collection are wonderfully wonky and a lovely shade of navy - both very in keeping with the page's feel.  I used the middles of the 'Os' to create title agents between the shapes.  Finally I added the 'enjoy the little things tab and matching journalling spot from the '4x6 journalling elements'

This style is great for using up those scraps that you have hanging around and needs little tools than scissors and glue - so give it a go!!

I'd like to wish you all a very Happy Christmas and I hope Santa is good to you all and I will pop back before Hogmany to catch up with you all!!