Saturday 22 April 2017

Making Your Own Project Life Cards



Hello, hello, Karen here with my April Project Life post.

This month I decided to make my own project life cards to use for a Stampin' Up pocket page.  I used the utterly gorgeous Indigo Skies range from Kaisercraft (which is available from ATDML).

First, I cut a piece of 12 x 12 white cardstock into four 6 x 4 pieces and four 3 x 4 pieces and rounded all the corners, I used a 1/2 inch corner rounder on the large cards and a 1/4 inch one on the small ones.

Next I covered one side of all the large ones with paper measuring 5 3/4 in x 4 3/4 in (rounding the corners with my 1/2 inch corner rounder).  I then covered one side of two of the smaller cards and both sides of the remaining two small cards.


Next comes the fun part - adding embellishments to the patterned paper.  I treated each card as a little scrapbook page (minus the photo on most of them) and used die cuts from the corresponding Collectables pack and words from the manufacturer's strips cut from the bottom of the papers.



Finally I added my photos to the blank side of the cards, added two pieces of index cards ( from WHSmiths) cut to size on to both sides of one of the small cards and my title to the remaining small card.



This was a project that I really enjoyed making and as I have several lovely photos, from the Easter Weekend, still to scrap along with lots of scraps of paper, I shall be making a 12 x 12 page to go either side of this pocket page.

Hope I have inspired you to have a go at making your own project life cards.

Karen x