Friday 10 March 2017

Vietnam


I am a traveller - there is a big old world out there and I'm determined to cross every destination off my (ever growing) list.  Last year I was lucky enough to cross Vietnam off my list - it was a stunningly beautiful country with so much to offer and the food - Oh the food!!

One of my must dos when we were there was to take part in a cooking class and Hoi An was the perfect stop in the trip to do this.  Before we started cooking we were taken to the local market and were taught how to recognise and buy the raw ingredients - I was in my element.  So when I saw the colour and designs of The Kaisercraft Hanami range of papers I knew exactly what photos to use.  


I used some embellishments from the 'I AM' sheet from simple stories - the globe is so cute! I then added in some of these wooden elements which are perfect for travel pages.  As the Vietnam flag is a yellow star on a red background I wanted to add that in as a little nod to the flag.   




On the last few days of the trip we flew across to a small island just off the mainland called Phu Quoc.  We hired a moped and took of to a recommended beach on the island.  As we travelled the island it was incredible to see such an amazing place so untouched by tourism.  Local towns with unfinished roads and endless views of natural beauty.  After a few wrong turns we found a sign for the Paradiso cafe and we walked out through the trees to the most perfect beach - pure untouched sand and crystal clear water.  

The Island escape collection is ideal for these photos of which I have endless.  By combining the 'bird of paradise and the 'driftwood' paper, I was able to blend my photograph to run top to bottom.  I then cut the 'pink hibiscus paper out and layered up the flowers.  I used whole flowers at the front and then layered up the scraps underneath to give a feeling of depth and also the impression that you were walking through the trees as we did that day.  I finished of using some Theresa Collins letters and thickers ad well as a compass from the wooden elements.