Wednesday 18 January 2017

BoBunny's Winter Wishes and lots of mist


Winter Wishes from BoBunny is one of my favourite collections this season and I used it alongside lots of mists and texture and mess to create a wintry page.  

I covered the page with clear gesso (any gel medium that helps protect the paper a bit from all the ink that you are going to spray on it helps), then I wondered what I could do to add some texture so I started with some muslin or gauze, and stuck it down with more of the gel medium.  Once this was fairly dry I started misting with a mixture of blue and grey mists, making some puddles and then dabbing away with a tissue where I'd applied too much or the colour was too strong. I then added some texture paste randomly and then little pools of silver embossing powder which I heated from underneath.  I also decorated some of my Tando snowflakes with silver embossing powder - you can do a couple of layers to get a really nice smooth finish on them, but I quite liked the dimply rough effect with one layer.  

I cut out several different sized circles from the winter wishes papers, and also a few from the beautiful silver foiled vellum in this collection.  I added some stamps - one is a very old Stampers Anonymous Tim Holtz set and the other from a Kaisercraft edges set.  The final touches were sequins and a bark heart as well as some prima gems.

It was lots of fun to make, though it did take rather a long time as I had to wait for the layers to dry a bit!