Thursday 8 December 2016

Advent with ATDML - Dec 8th - Xmas pudding card


Short of a card or two this Christmas or just want to make a unique one for someone special? Then why not have a go at a pudding card! I saw something similar on Pinterest (plenty more ornate on the decorations I might add!) and thought it was a lovely idea for a handmade Christmas card.



I drew the pudding shape by hand onto a piece of folded brown cardstock and cut it out (maintaining the join at the top). I repeated on white cardstock so the top and the sides of the icing drips were the same shape as the card and then I drew in my drips and shaped the piece accordingly by cutting away the non drips element. I added the icing drips piece to the pudding card on foam pads and then covered the white in a thin layer of glitter paste (Bo Bunny Sugar).

When dry (didn't take long) I added a couple of leaves punched from green card, some berries (I used sequins but red gems would look great too, or punched out circles with some added stickles), a twine bow and gem and finally a sentiment sticker.

If you decide to have a go at the pudding card do share your creations with us over on the ATDML Facebook page in our Advent2016 Creations folder. See you back here tomorrow for day 9 of our creative advent calendar with your ATDML design team.