Friday 23 December 2016

Advent with ATDML - Day 23 Looking Back with Debs


I've been in a reflective mood these past few days, thinking about family and friends near and far. I guess this has been prompted by the flurry of Christmas letter/emails with an annual overview of 2016. I value these updates so much, it keeps us connected with family that live all over the world. I am often asked why I scrapbook, and mostly it is for the enjoyment of the creative process but also for times of looking back and reminding ourselves of how far we have come, how we have grown and what is most precious to us - our family and friends.


The girls and I enjoyed looking through our 2012 December Daily this holiday so I thought I would share it with you too, as a prompt to record those little moments in our lives that seem trivial at the time but hold so many memories. This is the year Alfie Winterbottom appeared regularly throughout December much to the delight and enjoyment of my girls. Four years on, the girls are older and Alfie's appearance are sporadic but still enjoyed, particularly on Christmas Eve when he leaves treats for us all to enjoy. 

When we recall Christmas past, we usually find that the simplest things give off the greatest glow of happiness. -  Bob Hope