Thursday 15 December 2016

Advent with ATDML - Day 15 -Special delivery



This year I decided we were going to get a real Christmas tree as it is our first Christmas in our house.  It was supposed to be our second Christmas however long delays with the lawyers meant we didn't move in till February - This left the lovely Christmas decorations I had bought sitting in a box for a whole year.  To mark the occasion however, Jamie's mum gave us a fab wee ornament with our names and the year on.

I love the The Simple stories 'Classic Christmas' range, they are proper warm, tradition colours in a range of finishes. - as always, it turns out you can never decide what side you like best. 


To get the best of both world's with the checked 'deck the halls' paper. I mounted the photo on to red and then onto the checked paper leaving a tail to flip over so you could see the red star side. Then before mounting onto the Bazzill Kraft and onto the green textured card, I punched two holes for the string to tie through.


I used the Van element off of the Carta Bella 'Christmas delivery' Journaling cards I cut out the text from the van window and mounted up in the same way being careful to not glue too closely to the cut out window to allow me to add my trees later.



As this will go in an album i wanted to ensure the bounce of the flipped paper kept so i glued a small pencil (available from all good Argos'/Ikeas near you) to provide resistance and tied the string through the punched holes.


The wooden elements were a gift from Ann which arrived perfectly on time to make it centre stage on this page.


I chopped out 4 christmas trees and tucked them into the window space of the van, sticking them in place and adding some gems to act as baubles.


The alphabets I used were Teresa Collins however, the MME Fancy that in Pearl gold foil are very similar and are still in stock on ATDML.

We are continuing to give you fresh inspiration ever day through advent - please let us know if you have tried any by sharing on our Facebook page, we love to see what you do.  Check back in tomorrow when Karen will be sharing a layout with you.