Friday 22 January 2016

From This to That - January 2016 Edition

This month Jill sent me a selection of papers and stickers from Echo Park's The Story of Our Family. I believe that Ann did a class using these papers at the last retreat and don't you just love those cute little owls.  They featured on several of my pages this month. 


I also had some Simple Stories - We are Family wooden elements.



The first page I made was to document Gracia's new hair colour.  I can't believe how lovely and natural it looked but then again her hair was that colour when she was a baby, before it went dark blond.  I used some washie tape to make a banner and some flowers and doilys from my own supplies.  


Next I made a page which featured a photo taken earlier in the month, before the kids went back to Newcastle.  This was at the start of a lovely walk.  Unfortunately it absolutely poured with rain all the way and in the 'after the walk' photo we are all soaking wet!



We met up with our best friends, who happen to be mother and daughter too, just after Christmas and had a mediocre breakfast.  Seeing Eileen and Hannah more than made up for the food and we spent a lovely day together. For this page I used several of the word stickers from the sheets.


My next page was inspired by one of the cut apart pieces and some words from one of the sticker sheets.  A photo from our Boxing Day walk.  I used three of the little wooden people and framed the large owl sticker with a little wooden frame. 


For my final page I wanted to challenge myself to use a very small photo as more often than not I scrap 5 x 7 photos - I love pages with just 1 big photo.  This page has a 2 x 3 photo and the size was determined by the size of the sticker frame that I wanted to use.  I tried to keep it quite clean and simple but then got carried away with layering and stickers as I usually do.  I used the little wooden flowers and 'WE ARE' from the Simple Stories wooden elements and the word 'family' was from my own supplies.

So there are my DT pieces for January and I'm now waiting in anticipation to see what Jill has for me for February.