Sunday 6 December 2015

November DT Projects - A Bit of Pick & Mix

Hello, hello lovely scrappers - can't believe that November has been and gone and we are well into December!

Last month, at the retreat, the DT were given carte blanche to choose our kits for November and I chose papers and stickers from Pink Paislee - Cedar Lane and Bo Bunny - You're Invited and added some Prima Flowers and a Simple Stories 'The Story of Us' ephemera pack.

The Cedar Lane was perfect for some photos we took whilst walking in Jesmond Dene park when we visited Newcastle recently.


I then made 'Love Your Selfies' - a title pinched from Mel's retreat class, and 'I Am Grateful' and was pleasently surprised at how the look of this paper range could change by using different coloured background cardstock. 



The final page I made using Cedar Lane was a very simple one, utalising the drawing function on my Silhouette and using a 4 x 4 photo that I had lying around on my workspace for ages. 


I knew we were planning on visiting the Durham Lumiere and that there would be plenty of photos (not as many as I had hoped as it absolutely bucketed down with rain to the extent that even with five layers of clothes on I was wet through to my undies! 

I chose the Bo Bunny paper purely with the intention of showcasing my proposed photos. 




 One of the papers I chose was this one which has lots of shapes and speech bubbles and this one which has a black and white sun burst.  To make my page 'Cheers' I only needed to add a couple of the shapes and speech bubbles and some card stars and it was finished.  The black of the sun burst was perfect for my journaling. 

Next I used the paper range for what it was intended for - documenting birthdays and celebrations and made a page featuring Gracia's 21st birthday cake and card from April 2014.


My final page features a photo taken in the summer when Gracia and I went to see the Proclaimers in concert.  They are one of my all time favourite bands and I was so excited to see them.  As the journaling says, they are only the third live act I have ever seen and it's all down to Gracia's influence and her insistence that we go on 'adventures' at every opportunity.


So there we are, nine layouts which was entirely down to how much I loved the papers I picked.  Why don't you pop on over to the DT Gallery to see what the other designers have done this month?