Wednesday 2 September 2015

Time to Flourish - Spooky Style!

Ok So I know it is September and not October but if you wanted to get a head start on preparing for the spooky season keep reading!

Mel & Jill sent me Graphic 45 Time to Flourish papers for the September design team gallery. Those of you who know me are well aware I struggle with G45 but I have had a whale of a time playing with them creating no less than 4 layouts and a mini altered altoid tin!


This uses the October Flourish paper and the October Cut apart (click on the names for hyperlinks that take you straight to the store for these).


There are so many great elements that can be cut from the papers, perfect for little projects such as this tin which now sits on my scrapping display shelves. Spooky mist effects were added by tearing up a cotton wool ball (although my kids suggested I not clean for a while and use real cobwebs!!)


I cut apart an old cheap plastic necklace from the 99p store for the little skull and bones that I have used on it. Inside the tin I made two cardboards bridges which stuck to either side of the tin and to which the elements could be stuck both on the back and the front given the impression of more layers than there are. 


And the back of the bird was patterned so I inked it black before using so it would stand out if turned around.

I also make this layout from the papers adding a sheet of black card and a photo from the spooky photo booth we had at the Autumn retreat last year.


More Graphic 45 projects will be shared by the design team as the month progresses so look out for more inspiration coming your way soon.