Tuesday 15 September 2015

(Paw)fect papers for your four legged friends

September Design team gallery is filling up with our Graphic 45 creations and as well as the spooky October Time to Flourish papers I also had some Raining Cats and Dogs papers to play with.

With three cats in the house and not a whole heap of layouts about them I was on a mission to use these papers well!


I started with a hexagon chipboard piece I found whilst sorting through my stash to find the twine I knew I wanted to use to make the ball of string. I then used this chipboard piece to cut out a selection of the papers and layer them across a neutral background.


There are plenty of elements as always with Graphic 45 that lend themselves to being cut out and layered up and using these heavily patterned papers in smaller quantities means you can still create quite a modern looking page with plenty of space. 


Using foam pads to layer up some of the elements and adding the twine means there is still a fair amount of dimension on the page whilst maintaining quite a clean look.

I created a second page using these same papers and making the most of the leaves and flowers as well as adding a few of the cat elements.


The Family Frame was cut out on the Silhouette (I really need to make better use of my machine!) and then a couple of patterned paper strips at the top and bottom mean this page will sit nicely alongside the one above in my album.



More Graphic 45 layouts and projects can be found in the September DT Gallery HERE.