Thursday 14 May 2015

A Chipboard technique with Tando clocks....


I wanted to show you some things that you can do with the beautiful new chipboard that Mel and Jill have stocked up on, one of my favourite is the clocks.  The chipboard pieces are really versatile, you could use them as masks for spray inks, leave them plain and grey or paint them up.....


I started with a layer of texture paste (this is my home made variety and made out of talcum powder and gesso and a little bit of PVA - I played around with the amount of talc until I got a fairly stiff consistency)



Next sprinkle on some silver embossing powder and then heat it all up


I then added some distress ink - I used a sponge as I didn't want my distress stain to become contaminated with the paint...as I wasn't waiting for it all to dry properly, I was just doing a little bit of heating in-between layers!


Then to make it look like it was oxidising I added a little bit of blue broken china distress stain.


So with those layers this is what it looks like.


To add a little bit more texture to the piece I used some dried marigold distress stickles - the distress stickles have bigger pieces of crystal in them than the glitters so it helps make it all look a little bit older.


Here is the finished product!


and here is the finished page....


using lots of Kaisercraft Blue Bay which you can find here