Sunday 26 April 2015

Normal Service Has Been Resumed or Early Sunday Morning Ramblings

I have been experimenting with different styles recently.  Mostly prompted by two things - firstly my application for the Kaisercraft DT (which was unsuccessful but I am heartened that I got a thank you for applying email when I know some didn't even get that)  and as a result of looking at of their current DT's work I was prompted to try a little messy play and taking Katherine's class at the recent ATDML retreat - a bit of mixed media scrapbooking.



Secondly, I chose some papers from the Crate Paper Confetti range as part of my May DT kit.  These papers seemed to cry out for more white space  and so far I have made three pages with a less is more approach.


 A bit of faux project life

Splatters of gold paint and still loving the Polaroids I cut out for the Make & Take.

I decided that I like a bit of messy and will continue to experiment with that to see which way it takes me and white space is becoming less scarey.

But normal service has been resumed!


For this page I used this sketch

which I found on Pinterest and is from here .

I used lots of layering,  flowers, leaves, little wooden butterflies and my Silhouette to cut the title.

I can't decide which style is my style at the moment as I like all three types of scrapbooking - perhaps I just like playing with pretty paper and sparkly stuff without a care for boxing it into one style or another.

I think I will just go with the flow and see where it takes me!

Do you feel you have a specific style?