Tuesday 3 March 2015

Get ready for Mothers' Day!

I know that it's still almost two weeks until Mothering Sunday, but tomorrow in papercraft club at school we'll be starting to make our mothers' day cards (it can take some of them two sessions to do a card!) so I thought I would dedicate this blog post to mothers everywhere and share a couple of projects with you...
Here is my mum back when she was 11 years old...

 
Then, her when I was a little girl...
 
And her now...my crafting inspiration...

 
 
I usually try to go to town on my Mum's card. Though having trawled through my pictures on my computer I clearly don't always take a photo of them!
Here's a fairly simple one...
A graphic 45 'Secret Garden' card...
 
And a little more elaborate...a woven basket filled with flowers...this one was a birthday card, but I made the same card for mothers day that year too!

 
This one was my favourite, (coming from the North East although I type Mum, I actually call her Mam)...
Featuring rolled paper roses...



 
Since my Mum is now big into patchwork and quilting my plan for this year is to make her card using some of the new Graphic 45 Home Sweet Home papers, and especially the 'Granny's Quilt' paper which you can find in the shop here...
 
Watch out on Facebook...I might post my finished card!