Tuesday 24 March 2015

Adding a bit of colour


Mel and Jill sent me the beautiful Hello Today papers by Kaisercraft, these papers are fairly neutral in colour - black,white a little bit of yellow - there are no strong colours in the papers - which makes them really great for adding a splash of colour. 

For this page I started with some distress stains - scattered straw and dried marigold, then added a light brown mist, which adds shimmer more than anything to the background.  I then used stencils and stamps with orange and black inks.  After that I started layering the papers and also a muslin square.  I used the papers as a neutral colour for my photo so that the orange on my sons top would then stand out.  There are also lots of beautiful stickers with great phrases in the range that you can layer up on foam dots.

I've enjoyed playing with these papers and using them as a base to add colour with other offcuts of paper I've had in my stash, they are a great starting point.