Tuesday 23 December 2014

On the 12th Day of Christmas..

Well folks, we're nearly there and if you're anything like me you're in the midst of last minute panic preparations...wrapping, cooking, tidying and of course crafting...yes usually at this stage I am still making gifts manically. Some sewn gifts and some paper crafted especially calendars...ok so I'm not sharing my calendars with you (since they're not done yet!) but instead I'm sharing a Christmas canvas which could be a gift for someone. I made this about 10 days ago when the snow was falling outside (and I was full of cold). The papers are from this month's DT kit Simple Stories DIY Christmas and the canvas was inspired by one I saw when I visited Absolutely Everything in USA in October. I believe Tim Holtz now sells hessian or burlap covered frames - I made this one simply by gluing hessian onto a 6" canvas...


After I covered the canvas I applied red acrylic paint round the edges of the frame and then distressed by applying walnut stain distress ink. I then topped the edges of the frame with white acrylic paint and I stencilled on the 25 with the white paint. I die cut the white paper snowflakes at the bottom with a Memory Box die and glued them directly to the hessian.

I covered pieces of 'stampboard' with the Simple Stories papers and distressed them with a nail file before gluing to the canvas. I then added different items to each panel.

Three little wooden 'moose' I bought in USA...
A  die cut poinsettia (Spellbinders die) with a dymo tape title, Martha Stewart punched fronds...

A Tim Holtz bell & holly distressed with white paint...
A Martha Stewart punched snowflake...
 
And my favourite...a pair of ice skates cut with the Carta Bella die and with added laces and glittered blades...
 
 
I finished off with more punched snowflakes, holly leaves, Martha Stewart fronds, silver Rockabye Thickers and a cluster of miniature pine cones and berries.
 
 
I added bakers twine with silver bells to hang up the canvas...

Whatever today's blog finds you doing - I hope everyone has a very Merry Christmas!
Jane xoxo