Saturday 30 August 2014

Holidays in a Pocket - Part 3 - The Big Pages


Focusing on the big pages.....and my first single page (that follows on from all those rafting pocket photos) is based on the Scrap365 sketch this month.  I drew the circles in pencil and then had a go at a bubbly inky effect on my paper and pulled out some of the Kaisercraft journalling cards (here) which have beautiful aqua colours that went well with the picture.  I also added in a prima wood veneer which was in French :) perfect for this album and there blue ribbon by Websters and in the colour co-ordinated ribbon that Jill puts in our parcels.  There is some more journalling behind the photo in a glassine envelope - but you don't actually have to do so much on the single page as you have had loads of opportunity on the double page




so one more rafting shot using the co-ordinating papers in the Simple Stories range Good Day Sunshine- I love all the colours and wood in this collection - and it ties your larger pages in with your pockets too.  Another watery background - just with a water colour brush and some distress ink for the colour - the page doesn't get too wet when you use a water brush (honest - have a go :)).  I love the triangle designs that have been around and I layered up my papers with some lace and just distressed the edges.  A little more wood veneer and journal card for the main photo mat - there was so much lovely writing and beautiful geo-tag stuff that I cut some bits out with a craft knife so they could be on top of my pictures.