Friday 29 August 2014

Holidays in a Pocket - Part 2 - Pocket Ideas....


So following on from my part one getting ready for pockets - here are some more pocket pages.  I like to use handwritten journalling, though you can type too.  In this page I have used a whole rectangle for journalling, but then I have also used little squares of white paper to add journalling directly to the pictures - I drew a little square around the edge to decorate them.  Stamps are also a lovely way to decorate your photos and pockets - I've used a little heart stamp on the bottom pocket, but there are arrows and speech bubbles and lots of stamps suitable for pockets especially in the Simple Stories range (here).

Even though it is a pocket in an album I like to make a title card for each page...these can be messy and splatty too...for this one I used gelatos and water and then some paint.  


Punching and the little geo-tags (which come in the embellishment pack from Simple Stories)....wood veneers come in useful too


Raid your supplies for those little embellishments that go perfectly with your journalling subject (cakes in this case)


Those little journal stickers that Simple Stories make are great as a little photo embellishment.



and the next pocket page - which forms part of a double with a single page I'll show you tomorrow.


Buttons and stickers that follow through with the colours on the page and in the title - don't be afraid to add them to your photos especially when you know you have a copy on your computer :)


Left over stickers from a retreat (bella boulevard) - I loved using the photo corners not for a photo but to emphasise the title