Tuesday 12 August 2014

Back to School



You may well recognise this page from our recent Cybercrop - it is one of my favourite ones of late and as many children will be getting ready for school and it uses a mist technique that I really like too I thought I'd share it again!

I started with my white card stock and then I tore an A4 sheet  into a wide V shape (I used 2 bits of A4 and mirrored the V with the other one) - as my A4 was a little shorter than 12" I just used scraps and then some light masking tape in a few places to stick the A4 paper in position in my pizza box (otherwise known as my mist protection unit!). I then used a 6" circle mask and placed it at the top part of my page and misted from the middle up, then mover the mask down to the bottom part of the page and did the same (any overlap is covered by the patterned papers).  I then layered up strips of the new October Afternoon Public Library papers, using some of the lovely stickers that come with it too like the pile of books and little tabs and stars. 


Another page I have used this sort of technique on is this one with some of Crate Paper's DIY Shop range