Tuesday 13 May 2014

Designer's Choice - Show and Tell Part 1

For our April DT kit we were allowed to choose the ranges we wanted from the supplies at the ATDML retreat.  This is always such a treat and there is such an excited buzz as we all choose and compare the loveliness that will be our kit of choice.

This time I chose from two ranges - Simple Stories DIY and Kaisercraft Kaleidoscope.

First I used the DIY to make a couple of pages I loved the idea of using this range to build up layers (how out of character I hear you say).

 

 For INSTABIRTHDAY  I used 5 of the larger insta frames and printed out 5 photos to fit the apertures. I then used a strip of Looking Good across the centre of my page, can't go wrong with a horizontal strip of paper in my opinion!  On top of this I put a smaller strip of Who's to Say and finally a strip of washi tape with the days of the week on.  The idea of the page was to illustrate that Gracia had a 9 day birthday celebration (this doesn't include going out to dinner with her Newcastle friends last week) all recorded on Instagram!  I stuck the frames onto my page in the order the events occurred and used pennants from the sticker pack, hung from bakers twine,  to fill in the empty spaces.


 Next I wrote my journaling onto some strips cut from No Worries used some Simple Stories letter stickers for the title and finally because I wasn't sure about there being so much white space, I drew a border in black pen.


 This range was absolutely perfect for a fun and quirky page about my dog and her panache for dressing up - ok we dress her up and she tolerates it!


 I printed out 3 photos that were 3 x 4 and cut a 3 x 4 frame from the Freeze Frame paper. Next I cut a piece of  Who's to Say  and a piece of Looking Good 2 3/4 x 3 3/4 inches and mounted them onto pieces of Outside the Box which measured 3  x 4 .


I trimmed an inch from the left edge of the No Worries, as I had already trimmed some from the top to use for journaling on the page above.  I stuck this to a piece of cardstock and covered the edges of the cardstock with washie tape.  I then arranged my photos and blocks of paper and used some of the centres from the pack of Insta Frames along with stickers and squares cut from Outside the Box to decorate the blocks.

Finally I foam padded more stickers to the bottom and right of the page and filled in spaces with some decorative brads.

 

Two bright and funky pages which are in stark contrast to the others made using the Kaisercraft.  I will be back, later in the month, with a little more 'show and tell' featuring those ones.