Saturday 8 February 2014

Simply themed


I love Simple Stories papers and they come with loads of gorgeous embellishments to pack your pages with.  This month Mel and Jill sent me some of the Smarty Pants range and since I had some school photos unscrapped, so I thought I would start with a double page and stick to the paper theme (I'll be back on Facebook later in the month using them in a non-themed way too).

For my main page I went with a circle grid and used one of their die-cut card stock pieces with the word school cut out.  There are quite a few elements in their papers that can be cut out too - so I cut out the notebook paper for one of my layers and the apple too.



The range comes with packs of 6 by 4" and 3 by 4" cards - my photos were mostly portrait, and this didn't work out too well with the cards that I wanted to use with the photos in my pocket page!  So I trimmed my photos down to be 4 by 4" and this gave me a little section that I could add embellishments to in the 6 by 4" pockets, so I used brads, and some chipboard as well as cutting out the pencil, apples and check sheet from the papers and cards.  

My next job is to persuade the kids to do me some journalling about this year and their hopes, friends and things they like.



Katherine