Thursday 26 December 2013

On the 1st day of Christmas...

Welcome to your 1st day of Christmas with the ATDML design team. As promised this is day one of 12 days of blog postings from your favourite design team :)

I have created a box(ing) day themed layout for you today, a nice simple page for a portrait photo taken over the holidays. The idea being the page looks like a parcel, and it incorporates a neat bow technique that Katherine showcased on one of her retreat layouts from earlier this year.


I lightly inked the edge of each piece used on this layout.  You can ink heaver or leave off depending on your scrapping style. I first took a 12x12 background cardstock and added a 10"x10" square (kraft grid), followed by the parcel block in green which measured 6.75" x 7.5". From the same green patterned paper I cut 2 small ovals and 2 larger ovals,a bow centre strip (1/2" x 3") and two bow tails (1" x 3" each). I then mounted a 3"x4" photo on a slightly larger piece of red dotty paper, and cut a multi-coloured dotty piece out the same size, these formed the bottom two blocks of my parcel. I then cut two smaller blocks (same width as those above but not as tall) to complete the grid of four pieces making up the parcel. Next I made the bow. I inked both sides of each bow section. Fold each of the ovals not quite in half and layer a pair of smaller ovals over a pair of large ovals. Affix together with the bow centre which wraps around and hides the joins. Decide on the placement of your bow, mark where the tails are to be adhered, then affix the tails first and the the bow.  I completed my page with a sticker titles, some journalling and doodling.

Hopefully you will get some crafting time over the holiday season to join in with us. I know I will probably be busier than usual but I am planning on printing off my favourite days and taking them to my first crop in January along with photographs taken over the holidays. Should kickstart the mojo in the new year then! Enjoy! and see you back tomorrow where Mel hosts the 2nd Day of Christmas.

Happy boxing day to you all xx