Saturday 19 October 2013

Preparing for a retreat


This time next week the shop and many customers will be scrapping up a storm in Stoke-by-Nayland as we gather for the second retreat of 2013.  I have been busy preparing my two classes, my make and take, writing up instructions and photographing items and as always I suddenly arrive close to the event and realise I have prepared very little for myself.

So I thought I would do a quick blog post on preparing for an ATDML retreat. Nothing clever about this but it might serve as a reminder to some so in simple bullet point format here we go

  1. Photos for your classes, extras for challenges
  2. Basic tool kit (scissors/trimmer/glue/foam pads/journalling pen)
  3. Fave die cuts (the Sizzix machine will be there) and punches
  4. Inks/paints/sprays and fave stamps
  5. Baby wipes (if you've plenty of #3)
  6. Blank kits made up with papers/card/embellies/photos for quick pages
  7. Few sketches/scraplift images to kickstart mojo if needed
  8. Cash/Cheque book for shop (remember no card machine!)
  9. Overnight bad/washbag/change of clothes (always last min)
  10. Snacks/nibbles/tipples
  11. Raffle prize donations
  12. Anything else you are bringing for someone else!
Am sure there are many more things, though given how little time I have left to prepare I'm hoping not too many more.

What item do you take to a retreat or crop that you cannot live without?