Monday 26 August 2013

Scrapping the Everyday

Another page documenting my everyday.  This time I chose to scrap a page about my laptop as I would be lost without it.  I spend way too much time on it looking at Facebook, Pinterest and Instagram and therefore I feel it should get the recognition it deserves!

For my journaling I wrote a letter documenting how without it my work and crafting life would be sadly lacking and far more difficult. I drew around a Graphic 45 pocket to make one out of the Fancy Pants paper I was using and tucked my letter in there.

Dear Laptop
We have been together for a number of years now and I just wanted to let you know how much you mean to me!  We share all my secrets, you know my passwords and just how much time I spend on Pinterest or Google.  The times when you get ill and have to go away I am lost without you and count the hours until your return.  You are always so helpful when I am doing the paperwork for David.  I cannot imagine life without you now as we spend way too much time together.  We watch films and surf the net looking for things that make us smile or even cry.  You hold so many of my precious  memories in the form of photographs and without you it wouldn’t be as much fun keeping in touch with Gracia when she is away in Newcastle.  Our little skyping sessions are a life saver, if not for  you I wouldn’t have met any on-line friends and then turned that friendship into a real life friendship.  You help me to keep up to date with what is going on in their lives through blogs, facebook and Instagram and I just don’t know how I would cope without being able to email all the time.

I know our time together is limited as you are getting older and slower and we both get frustrated by your inability to keep an internet connection going but I hope that we will make the most of our remaining days together and that we will be just as happy as we’ve always been.

Much love

Karen xxx

I used both the full size papers and 6 x 6 papers from the Fancy Pants Park Bench range for this page.

Would you be lost without your connection to the cyberworld?