Sunday 28 April 2013

Cards on Sunday - Good Luck Rosette Card

So, as I have been making quite a few cards lately I thought I would start a little blog feature to post the cards and some info about them. It might be every Sunday, maybe every other Sunday, we'll see!

So this week I am going to share a Good Luck card I have made for my Uncle.

Some of our retreat goers will be familiar with Uncle Rodney, husband of Helen and often ATDML retreats airport taxi transfer service provider! Uncle Rodney is also a local councillor on the Isle of Wight.

Rather unusually (based solely on my own experience) he actually takes it very seriously and works extremely hard to help all of his constituents (do you have those in council wards or is that just for MPs?) and often when I ring he is out at someones house helping them to resolve some sort of problem.

Anyway, May 2nd is Council Election day and I wanted to send him a card to wish him luck as he stands hoping to be re-elected.
 

I made the background out of some Bo Bunny double dot in latte and kraft Bazzil cardstock. The rosette matches the colours of his rosette (he is an Independant candidate) and is made with the Tim Holtz sizzix die. I punched out the circles and made the ribbons from the black and cream cardstock. Strangely in my collection of stamps I couldn't find a Good Luck stamp anywhere, howeve rI had the October Afternoon Mini Market alphabet stickers in black and cream which matched the colour scheme and did the job. Finally, during my stamp hunt I did find the "You Make A Difference" stamp which I used as it seemed so appropriate!