Monday 21 January 2013

Simple Stories Journaling Cards - Easy Peasy Lemon Squeezy

Last year I took the ‘Just One Sketch’ class by the very talented Kirsty Smith (Miss Smith) and have signed up for this year’s class ‘Telling Tales’ . As a consequence I now follow her blog (that girl is as mad as a box of frogs) and recently she posted a tutorial on making journaling cards from scraps.  






 I decided to make some journaling cards, ready for the upcoming class, using the scraps I had left fom the Simple Stories papers and stickers.  



I cut 12 cards  from a sheet of kraft card , I have six left for playing with later.  Other than that I just used a small square, heart and circle punches and stapled the top instead of using a paperclip.  They are less freeform than Kirsty's but I am very fond of them. I know Kirsty hand cut hers and they were different sizes but my ocd kicked in and I had to have uniform cards. (Looking at them photographed against some black card I really want to make a page with them immediately so the making a new set may come quicker than I anticipated) - watch this space!



On reflection, I think my cards may be a bit small (3in x 2 ¼ in) but I had such fun making them that I won’t mind making some more larger ones. 



Why don’t you pop over to Kirsty’s blog to have a look at her tutorial? I bet you will have made some cute journaling cards by this time next week once you have seen how easy they are to make. You may also be tempted to sign up for her upcoming class.