Tuesday 5 June 2012

Trends on Tuesday - That 6 sided shape

Hexagons have been around as a big thing in the scrapping arena for a little while now. I think they grew out of the patchwork trend and feature in paper collections as well as on pages.  I have quite a few hexagonal pages in my back list of pages, but here is the one that I did for today.




I found a free honeycomb pattern in the library on my die cut machine (silhouette), so put it to use.  I have to say on all my other pages I have hand cut my hexagons so this was a bit of a change for me.  The papers are from the October Afternoon Rocket collection and the page features the 1st time my son met his brand new cousin (he was literally hours old at this point, but my kids were queuing up for a cuddle).  

For those of you who would like a great site to make templates, this is one I came across (thanks to Ifa).  The site has lots of shapes on it, and the fantastic thing is that you can adjust the size of your shapes which makes matting them really easy too here is the link.

Just to wet your appetite a little more, here is another page I made involving the hand cut hexagons (I know it is summer and this is a very wintry occasion, but it could be adapted).

Please post a link if you create anything using hexagons as I would love to come and have a look.