Tuesday 8 May 2012

Trends on Tuesday - It's all about tabs

Hello everyone, I'm really excited to start off a series of posts having a look at different scrapbook trends.  They are going to be fortnightly on a Tuesday and look at some of the different trends in scrapbooking - from paints, mists, triangles, chevrons, hexagons.... - if you have any particular favourites you've noticed then leave me a comment, likewise if it inspires you to scrap a page or make a card then leave me a link as I would love to come and see what you have been creating.

I thought I would kick of the series with tabs, the tabs I am referring to are the ones at the top and the bottom of pages like this one which is up in the gallery at the moment (which is filled with other beautiful pages so here is the link).


They work really well when you leave a bit of white space on your page. I like to put them on a diagonal line across my page so that it draws your eye in and across the photo, rather than opposite ends of the paper.  Generally I put the top tab on the top to the left and the bottom one to the right, as this is the way we read in the west and so the way we tend to look at pages, however it can work the other way too.  They are a great piece of extra interest and a super way to use up scraps of papers that you have left over.  Just punch, cut, staple/stick and layer up lots of little pieces of paper/stickers/bling/buttons and you have your own ready made embellishment.


I also had a go at using some tabs on a card to see whether it would work, I used Crates Farmhouse collection for this birthday card.

 I uses the tabs to hide the securing for my garden twine, and used the offcuts from the bottom of the Crate's paper sheets to make the tabs along with a section from a border punch.


I hope that his given you some inspiration.  See you a week on Tuesday.

Katherine