Wednesday 4 January 2012

Scrapping your Christmas Day

Do you recall this blog post last month when we mentioned the new October Afternoon winter collection and shared a layout from their design team? Well I loved the page so much I decided to scraplift it and here is my page. The papers are 30% off in the current sale too!


I had cut out many of the elements before Christmas day and popped them in a baggie ready to pull the page together with my chosen photograph. The large 2 and 5 letters I drew by hand onto chipboard, cut out with a sharp blade and then covered in the patterned paper. Inking the edges hid any minor imperfections in the cutting and once backed with snippets of papers from the collection they looked pretty neat.


I think this is a nice idea for other special dates too, maybe a birthday or anniversary too? Why not have a go and share your page with us here on the blog.