Friday 16 December 2011

Christmas Crop At Eclectic

Belatedly I thought I would post about the Eclectic Keepsakes Christmas crop I went to a couple of weeks ago. Organised by the lovely Karen Moss the Christmas crop included 3 classes. Two of them were taught by ATDML DT girls and the third was taught by Denise Holmes who has done a few guest DT spots for us.

I knew it would be a good day when on the way despite a cold day with grey skies my journey was brightened up by this sight :)


I was not very sensible and didn't manage to get many photos (I was having such a lovely time scrapping, chatting and eating that I forgot. I did get this one of Debbie teaching her fantastic Simple Stories Advent countdown layout which was such a clever idea and everyone loved it.



Ann taught a lovely CD Calendar class using Basic Grey Out of Print which was also very popular. I haven't finished mine yet but when I do I will upload it! Denise's class was using Tim Holtz Distress inks and stamping to make a stunning card which featured an envelope made with patterned paper using a score board. Denise makes using the distress inks look so simple and urged us to "Just Commit!" Apparently this was Mr Holtz's favourite phrase when she attended one of his workshops!

Lunch was a bring and share style buffet and there was oodles of lovely food. I did remember to take photos of Karens beautiful Christmas cupcakes... I might have indulged in a peppermint one with a candy cane top!




All in all a lovely day was had by all - I worked on a couple of pieces for the Christmas DT gallery which will be going up on or before Sunday 18th December so keep an eye out for that appearing.