Tuesday 14 June 2011

Emmas Shoppe Patchwork Card

Last Thursday it was a friends 22nd birthday (it has been her 22nd birthday for the past 9 years - you do the maths!) and having made the layout for Eclectic Keepsakes with the Emmas Shoppe papers I had a fair bit left over.

Now I have to say that some of my scrapping friends laugh when my classes often include the instruction to gut the space behind photos etc... but since deciding to make a few cards here and there I have REALLY begun to appreciate that even small scraps can be useful. You only need a tiny scrap to punch a baby butterfly, and not a very big one to use the new love of my life Martha Stewart button punch (Cyber croppers doing my 7 Gypsies class might even find a few punched buttons in their kit I love it so much!)

The card doesn't require any great skill or amazing technique to make but my beloved patchwork technique is a great way to use up those little bits of patterned paper which are too small to do much with on a 12x12 layout (unless it is a patchwork one!) and you end up with a pretty card which can be customised to any occasion with the addition of a greeting.

My intention when I get some time (LOL said with a heavy dose of sarcasm at the very idea of free time!) is to make up a batch of patchwork backgrounds on cards in a whole range of colour ways and then when I need an emergency card I just need to add the appropriate greeting and any extra embellishments.... don't hold your breath for that day to come but when it does I will post a pic here!!!