Saturday 15 January 2011

Spring Cleaning!

Today has been very busy here. Those of you that know me will know that I am not what you could call a naturally tidy person. In fact I turned it into a positive during the recent snowy weather claiming that if I got stuck somewhere in my car i would be fine as there is plenty of clothing, drinks and probably the odd snack in there to keep me going til help arrived!

Anyway, some sort of alien January bug has grabbed hold of me and today I set out (with the help of my Mum!) to sort through all the childrens clothes. It was a mammoth task and not quite complete but nearly.

Usually when I sort clothes they go in piles
  • Pass on to friends children
  • E-Bay (this is a hypothetical pile which really means put it in a box and never get around to actually selling it!)
  • Charity shop
  • Bin

Today I added another pile and was very proud of myself as I raided the piles destined for the bin (usually has a stain somewhere or a hole in it) for T-Shirts and other items with pretty embellishments. Tomorrows job when I have finished the great clothes sort is to sit in the evening, in front of Criminal Minds (because I love the show and particularly Matthew Gray Gubler!) and use my Tim Holtz scissors to cut the embellishments out...

Reduce Reuse and Recycle right? So I reduce the rubbish, reuse parts of the clothes and recylce the rest in the tectile recycling bank. Wow, I know a paper based hobby is not going to be exactly green (sorry rainforests) but I feel like I am doing a little bit!

I will try to upload a photo of the embellishments I got from the clothes tomorrow night!