Monday 8 November 2010

I HEART the ATDML retreat!

Phew what a creative weekend of fun that was! The 7th retreat has been and gone and as I am sure you can imagine Mel & Jill (and their supportive family) have a tonne of unpacking and retreat reviewing to undertake these coming days and as such I shall be your blog host for the week! Join us each day as we reveal the gorgeous work the retreat delegates and teachers produced. We thought it would be nice to share these with everyone as even those who attend the retreat don't always get a chance to see what everyone has created and share ideas and inspiration.

So first up I thought we'd share the altered challenge - which involved those who wanted to participate to be creative with an ornate chipboard heart as follows.


The challenge was to decorate the heart and either enter it as a stand-alone item, or use it on a layout, card or project of any description. I am sure you will join me in being amazed at the creative uses of this little object!!

Entries included home decor items, a layout, minibooks built around the heart and incorporating the heart, one heart was given wings, another made into an ornament and we even had a pair of hearts joined to make a Christmas tree!

DT member Jane used her heart and an empty Maya Road tin to create a lovely altered project as well which I'm not sure many people got to see as it was sat drying on her table. The inside had been sectioned off and housed four tiny jam jars filled with sweets, a truly stunning gift.



It was however the flocked paper box made with a bind-it-all which incorporated the heart in the lid that had more than a few crafters impressed that won the challenge.

I hope you will join me again tomorrow when I will share a few of the classes taught on Friday along with the card challenge entries.