Monday 2 August 2010

Journaling - Making It The Focus Of Your Layout

Our approach to journaling has, I think, a lot to do with what our reasons are for scrapbooking. For some they scrap to record memories, for others it is creative therapy and for others it is a chance ot make something pretty.

If you fall into the first two categories your desire to journal is likely to be stronger however all too often we crete a page and then work out wha we will journal and where we can fit it; it becomes the final addition, an after thought.

The two layouts below were examples I used in a class I taught about making the journaling the focus of your layout and using it as a feature rather than added around the other elements.

We discussed ways of making the journaling more interesting. For example by combining hand written journaling with key words added using stickers or stamps.

This layout uses entirely hand written journaling. It isn't perfect, some of the text flow is broken up by the central circle and photo however I love the layout and the effect I got with such a large amount of hand written journaling. To add interest and a little humour I included some little simple child like doodles such as the little boat and the waves.
I hope this has been of interest and maybe will inspire you to really put the focus on the journaling for some of your layouts.