Saturday 17 April 2010

Two Of The Retreat Classes

I have had a few emails asking for some more retreat photos and also a look at some of the classes.
Debbie is going to post her layouts here sometime in the next few days (and once she has I have a card making feature to post where I have used some of the techniques she covered in her watercolour background class to make a set of birthday cards.)

So in the meantime, here are two of my classes, both layouts, one using Prima Pastiche paper which I love and one using the fabulous My Minds eye Life Stories collection.
"Hold My Hand"
I really enjoyed teaching this class. Often customers tell me that although they love some of the paper designs they struggle to make their photo feel like part of the layout rather than just stuck on top. During this class we experiemented with cutting in to the patterned paper and layering objects under, behind and on top of the paper to create a layout where the photo and other elements were incorporated into the patterned paper design giving a more cohesive look.

"Secret Garden"
This layout again looked at layering to create depth and interest. We used torn frames, die cuts and pearls to make this subtle muted layout. I especially loved the little bunting die cut with the pearls on the flags.